Pediatric Urology deals with the diagnosis and treatment to manage the children’s urinary and genital issues. Children are too small to communicate what problem is bothering them. They cannot even answer the questions asked by a medical specialist.
Our Pediatric Urologists are trained and are fully skilled to focus on the special needs of small children and their parents. They exactly know how to treat children’s highly sensitive and embarrassing problems by making them cooperative and relaxed. Children many face many issues related to the urinary tract. The main objective of Wellcare Medical Center is to create the most comfortable and children-friendly environment for all the treatments which we offer under pediatric urology.
We have a big range of treatment options to treat a wide range of medical conditions which may come under pediatric urology. It includes:
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Bedwetting in teens and children
- Inguinal Hernia in infants and children
- Bladder Control Problems
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) in young children and infants
- UTI are mainly treated by medication, antibiotics and sometime surgeries.
- Bedwetting is treated by monitoring alarms. The use of Imipramine and Desmopressin is also suggested.
- For Inguinal Hernia, surgery is suggested. A confined hernia has to be treated immediately.
- The bladder control treatments may include avoiding and treating constipation, pelvic floor therapy, behavioral training for wetting and medications.
- VUR can be treated by observation of the kidneys’ growth pattern, giving antibiotics and sometime surgery.