Dry mouth is a condition in which the salivary glands of our mouth don’t develop enough saliva to moisten it. Sometime it is caused due to side effect of a medicine we are using. The decreased amount of saliva leads to a dry mouth and makes you more susceptible to mouth sores, ulcers, tooth decay and gum diseases.
A mouth ulcer an erosion of a part of delicate lining of your inside mouth tissues. Injury of the mouth tissues like accidental biting of inside cheek may cause mouth ulcers. In majority of the cases, mouth ulcers are harmless and are resolved by themselves with 14 days. But if your condition is serious, you must visit a doctor.
Wellcare Abu Dhabi has excellent healthcare services to treat your dry mouth and ulcers. Our dentists and healthcare experts will evaluate your condition carefully and will provide you all the necessary treatment you deserve. Treatments which are expert specialists offer are many. Our health expert may:
- Change your medications which cause a dry mouth
- Suggest you products which will moisten your mouth
- Advise a medication which will stimulate your sliva
- Recommend products to protect your teeth
- Suggest you to make few life style changes
For mouth ulcers we offer the following treatments:
- Use of topical alcohol-free steroid mouthwash or an ointment
- Use of chlorohexidine gluconate mouthwash
- Use of antiseptic gel to the ulcers
- Drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding spicy foods