Nasal polyps are a noncancerous soft growth on the inner lining of your nose or sinuses. This growth aggregates in the form of grapes on a stem. They are painless in nature. They form due to the chronic inflammation and are related to repeated infections, asthma, allergies or drug sensitivity. . Polyps can block your nasal passage and can lead to breathing issues and in extreme cases loss of smell.
If you find a serious problem in breathing, severe swelling around your eyes or increased headache or fever, you need to visit immediately to Wellcare Medical Center. Our expert specialist will take all the necessary steps to make an accurate diagnosis. They may conduct the following procedures to diagnose your issue.
- Nasal Endoscopy
- Allergy tests
- Tests for cystic fibrosis
- Imaging studies and blood tests
After evaluating the results of the tests, our expert consultant will suggest you a right treatment plan and will inform you about the time required to complete it. Here are the main treatments that we offer for polyps at Wellcare Medical Center.
- Oral and injectable corticosteroids
- Nasal corticosteroids
- Medication to treat the chronic sinusitis
- Surgery to remove polyps
- Besides these treatments, other medication may also be prescribed to treat the conditions which contribute to the swelling in your nasal passage