Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder in which you experience that your breathing is repeatedly stops and then starts. This condition is known as sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can affect anyone and could increase the risk of having more diseases attached to this disorder.
If you are facing this kind of sleep disorder, our expert healthcare staff at Wellcare Medical Center will just help you right away. Our expert healthcare specialists will evaluate your condition carefully based on your signs and symptoms. You may be recommended to visit our sleep disorder center. There you may be evaluated overnight to monitor your breathing and body functions during your sleep. After evaluating your breathing patterns, heart, lungs and brain activity, arms and legs movements, oxygen level, heart rate and airflow your further treatment will be planned by your doctor. Looking at the results of the tests, we have variety of treatments are offered that would suit your particular condition. These treatments include:
- Therapies like CPAP (Continuous positive airway pressure) to deliver the required air pressure while sleep.
- Auto CPAP to supply bi-level positive airway pressure.
- Use of oral appliances for the relief of snoring
- Supplemental oxygen with devices is also used for sleep apnea.
- Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV)