Feeling difficulty in swallowing or Dysphagia is a sign that you have a problem in your throat. Throat has a muscular tube which helps you move your liquids and foods from the back of your mouth to stomach. Dysphagia can happen to anyone who has problems with nervous system or the brain. There are many reasons which can cause problems for you to swallow food properly. Few problems are insignificant but the other could get serious. If you had a hard time swallowing once or twice, you probably don’t have to see a doctor. However, if you have troubles swallowing food or any drink most frequently, you have more serious problem that requires a treatment.
Wellcare Abu Dhabi is the right place to visit for all your health worries. We have the best healthcare experts which take your health problems persoanlly. Our ENT specialist will ask you a few questions concerning the symptoms to analyze your condition. He may check your throat muscle strength, reflexes and speech. He may refer you to a neurologist, gastroentologist or otolaryngologist while considering your condition. The treatments would depend on the reasons which are causing dysphagia. The treatments which could be given to you will include:
- Exercising for your swallowing muscles
- Changing the food that you eat
- Dilation: to open up the areas of your esophagus
- Endoscopy: a long thin scope to remove an object which is stuck in the esophagus
- Surgery: In case of presence of tumor which is blocking the way of esophagus
- Medicines: for Dysphagia related to heartburn, esophagitis or GERD medicines are advised to prevent stomach acid to enter your esophagus